Here at Littledata we continuously challenge ourselves to come up with ideas that would benefit more and more people, which is why we created our Shopify app. We take the analysis and optimisation of data seriously and to prove that we made it possible with just one click of a button.
In order to familiarise yourself, we have created this guide to help you install the app and unlock its full potential.
1. First things first. Let’s begin on your Shopify starting page. Go into the app section by pressing Apps. Once you get on the next page scroll down until you see the “Visit Shopify App Store” button and press it:
2. Once you’re in the Shopify App Store, search for our Littledata app:
3. Start the installation process by pressing the “GET” button on the page:
4. Install the app:
5. Approve the charge and have access to a trial period of 30 days.
6. Click sign in with Google in order for the app to scan your Google Analytics Setup and select the preferred account. Choose the Google Account that you normal use to login in the Google Analytics platform.
7. Next step would be to choose the best data source from the ones you have access to in Google Analytics. We recommend that you choose the one you use to analyse your data and the one you’re most familiar with:
8. You are on the app now and almost done with setting everything up! This should be the first page you see after login:
Now, let’s dive into fixing and improving everything for your store. Press fix and wait for the magic to happen. After everything is “Correct” we will create a different Littledata test account in which the data will be further collected. We’ve done that in order for you to be able to compare the new tracking versus the old tracking.
9. Now you will the see GO LIVE button. We recommend, for big traffic stores, to wait at least 24 hours before you go live in order for enough data to be collected in the test Google Analytics to compare them with your current tracking.
10. As the last step, once you go live, you will be prompted to confirm that you have stopped the Shopify default Google Analytics tracking. This means that you need to add a blank space in your Shopify admin section under Preferences instead of your UA-XXXXX-1 code. See this image bellow how.
Thank you for subscribing and installing our app! Please, get in touch if you have any questions about the setup.