We’re excited to announce an integration with ReCharge, the most popular recurring billing solution for Shopify stores! The integration offers all of our core features, plus an instant fix that allows you to properly attribute recurring payments to campaigns in Google Analytics.
If you’re charging subscriptions it can be confusing to try to get a clear view of where your best (and worst) customers are coming from, and the relationship between traffic source and shopping behaviour. Yet this knowledge is essential to guiding your marketing spend and making smart decisions about the shopping experience on your site. Offering a seamless solution to this common problem, ReCharge and Littledata are an entrepreneur’s dream machine!
Quick Setup Guide
To integrate LittleData with ReCharge, you’ll need a Shopify store, a Google Analytics account, and two Shopify apps: the ReCharge app and the Littledata app.
Here are the basic setup instructions.
- Get a Shopify store (if you don’t already have one) and set up Google Analytics.
- Install the ReCharge app and the Littledata app, making sure to authorize Littledata to access your Google Analytics data during the install process.
- In your Shopify store admin panel, go to ReCharge > Integrations. Under Littledata, click Get, then click Activate in the new window that pops up.
- Excellent! You can now track user behaviour like never before, from marketing channels to cart activity. The integration lets you attribute recurring payments to campaigns in Google Analytics, plus so much more!
Detailed Setup Instructions
- Install the ReCharge Shopify App for recurring billing and subscriptions. Many integration users are already up and running with ReCharge, but if you haven’t tried it yet they offer a 90-day free trial.
- Install the Littledata Shopify app so that you have complete Google Analytics tracking for Shopify. Again, we offer a free trial, so you can try the integration – and fix your Google Analytics setup – for free.
- You can chose to Go Live with the new Littledata tracking now, or after testing all the recurring payments are working (see below). If you’re curious, we’ve written a bit about how our Shopify app works and why you should fix the Google Analytics setup for your Shopify store.
- In your Shopify store admin, click Apps. You’ll now see all of the apps you’ve installed for your store.
- Select ReCharge Recurring Billing & Subscriptions and you’ll be taken to the ReCharge interface.
- In the upper right corner, open the Settings menu / wrench icon (or the Explore Recharge menu if you haven’t set up any payment details yet). From that drop-down menu, select Integrations.
- You’ll now see the ReCharge Shopify App’s Integrations page, with all the awesome integrations ReCharge has enabled for their users. Under Littledata, click Get. (Did you skip over installing the Littledata Shopify app? That needs to be done first, so please go back to step 3 and take care of that now, before clicking ‘Get’ on this Integrations page!)
- Cool, we’re almost done! Click Activate.
- The final step, if you have the basic Google Analytics integration with ReCharge is to make sure you stop sending the data to the same GA web property – otherwise you’ll see duplicate transactions. You can do there by clicking Deactivate.
Excellent, all done with setting up the integration. You’ll now be taken through the steps to fix your Google Analytics and enable reliable sales and marketing attribution.
How to Check if the Integration is Working
In order to check if the integration is working correctly, check your Google Analytics account after you’re sure you had some orders (and, ideally, some recurring payments as well).
- Log into your Google Analytics account that’s linked to your Shopify store
- Go to Conversions > Ecommerce >Marketing
- Click on the Affiliate Code menu and you should see revenue and transactions for the ‘reChargeRecurring’ affiliation. The first time payment will appear under ‘shopify’, and should have a channel and campaign associated. The second payment onwards will appear as ‘reChargeRecurring’.
- If something seems off, contact our team of Google Analytics certified experts.
What Happens Next
Proper marketing campaign attribution is just the beginning. You now have access to all of Littledata’s features, so you can audit your analytics setup as often as you’d like, benchmark your web performance against leading ecommerce sites, set up custom alerts and reporting, and more.
ReCharge users find our smart dashboard particularly useful, as it cuts through the noise to provide better data in a streamlined format. It’s never been so easy to get a clear view of your ecommerce activity, including the details of how revenue is linked to customer behaviour. We show exactly what you need to see, and nothing that you don’t.
Happy selling! 🙂