Littledata's Google Analytics connection for Shopify stores uses a combination of client-side and server-side tracking to guarantee 100% accurate data. During the automatic installation process, Littledata adds a data layer and tracking script to all your Shopify store pages. We also add a set of webhooks to make sure everything is captured.
There are many advantages to this approach:
On the client side...
- Works with Google Tag Manager (GTM)
- Faster page speed
- Consistent journey tracking
On the server side...
- Ensures complete event capture for the checkout flow
- Safe & secure checkout process
- All sales & refunds are tracked
- Works with headless Shopify, multi-currency stores, and more!
- Accurate marketing attribution for Shopify & any subscription checkout
Try Littledata free for 30 days
Littledata sends these events to Google Analytics in three categories:
- Order Affiliation
- ReCharge (for stores that have a ReCharge subscription checkout)
The Shopify (Littledata) event categories include the combined client-side and server-side tracked event actions, as follows:
The Order Affiliation (Littledata) tracks each Shopify order as an event action, with the e-commerce affiliate type as its event label:
Note: In GA4, the latest version of Google Analytics, there are no default ecommerce reports. Learn more about ecommerce reporting in GA4
- Watch a quick demo video
- Learn how to track the Shopify checkout funnel (and the ReCharge and CartHook checkouts)
- Check out our Shopify to Google Analytics FAQ
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more videos about ecommerce analytics