Facebook Feed by Littledata is a Shopify app which provides a reliable way to sync your Shopify store with a product catalog in Facebook. You can then serve Dynamic Ads for Products (in conjunction with Facebook Pixel), or sync products with your Facebook Page shop or Instagram Shopping (on the paid plan).
Why use Facebook Feed?
The app is trusted by thousands of merchants for a reliable FB product feed for any type of Shopify product catalog. Benefits include:
- Up-to-date XML product catalog in the exact format recognized by Facebook
- Handle unlimited numbers of products and SKUs. Unlike feeds hosted on your Shopify store, which will time-out with thousands of products, Facebook Feed generates a pre-processed XML file
- Daily feed refresh
- Automatic image resizing
- Reliably match products with events sent from Pixel Perfect
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I use add the feed to Facebook?
- Copy the URL from the Facebook Feed app
- Go to the Catalog Manager section of Facebook Business Manager and click Create Catalog
- Select an Ecommerce / Products catalog
- Select to Upload Product Info, add a catalog owner and a name
- Select to Use Bulk Upload ..
- .. and to use a Scheduled feed
- Paste in the feed URL from the Facebook Feed app. No username or password is needed
- Choose a daily schedule and select to ‘Add automatic updates’
- Now name your feed and select the store currency
- Finally, Facebook will import the products and warn you of any issues
How do I link this product catalog with my Facebook page shop?
Note: Compatibility with Facebook shop is only available on the paid plan
When you create a new Facebook shop, Facebook creates a blank product catalog linked to the shop. You should replace this catalog with the one you set up in the previous section.
- Under Use Cases select to Connect a Facebook Page
- Choose the shop you want to link with the product catalog
What's the difference between the Free and Paid plans?
The free plan supports up to 500 products (if you have more than 500 products, you can use the free plan but the feed will be limited to 500 products). Upgrading to a paid Pro plan allows you to:
- Sync more than 500 products
- Sync the inventory levels of each product variant to use the feed with a Facebook page shop or Instagram Shopping
- Automatically optimize product images for ads
We offer a monthly Pro plan as well as a lifetime Pro plan at a major discount. These plans can be activated within the app.
I've just upgraded or edited lots of products. Can I force an update to the product catalog
Yes, you can manually regenerate ever 3 hours if needed by clicking
How do I set a Google Product Category for my products
Facebook requires all your products to have a Google Product Category (GPC) set if you want to use checkout for Facebook Page shops or Instagram Shopping. This is because different categories have different refund and return policies.
- In the Facebook Feed app, go to Feed Settings and you can set a GPC for all products.
- In the Pixel Perfect app, under the Google Product Categories tab, you can set a main GPC and then optionally a different GPC for any product collection in Shopify:
How do I get my product collections in Shopify to sync with my Facebook shop collections or product sets?
Sorry, although our feed sends a
product_type attribute for every product in the feed, the setup of collections in Facebook shop is not yet automated. This is also true of setting up product sets in the catalog manager, which in turn feed into shop collections. For now, you need to add collections or create a product set manually.