Many ecommerce sites use Google Tag Manager (GTM) for custom tracking and dynamic remarketing. GTM lets you manage all your website tags without editing code, though it isn’t as simple as it sounds.
Littledata works with online merchants using GTM to implement custom tracking and reporting. Here are some of the common questions we receive about GTM.
How will Littledata’s Shopify app interact with my GTM setup?
In short: don’t worry. Our code won’t conflict with your GTM tracking, and it actually makes it easier to maintain useful GTM containers.
- Our apps work separately and are not reliant on each other. One or the other isn’t impacted by installation of either GTM or the Littledata app.
- Our script uses gtag and GTM data layer and further, our latest tracking code increases both speed and versatility.
- That said, for many merchants Littledata’s Google Analytics app for Shopify actually replaces the need for GTM tracking.
Should I use GTM? What are the benefits?
There are many benefits to using GTM, especially when it comes to sending data to other marketing platforms. Here are some top benefits:
- It’s a free tool that allows marketers to add and update website tags
- Allows you to add snippets of code to your website without deploying theme changes
- Easy to use interface
- GTM can send data only to other marketing platforms – Bing, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and many others
- GTM allows you to test and preview each implementation and update that you make
Can you help with GTM setup for my ecommerce site?
Yes! Littledata’s enterprise plans include GTM setup and reporting.
- Our account managers are Google Analytics-certified consultants who specialize in Google Tag Manager setup.
- We can help you implement different platforms on GTM and clean up your current setup based on industry best practices.
- Tracking extra events via GTM will ease the creation of custom reports in Google Analytics.
- Some goal setups require GTM to track certain events on your website. Our consultants help you set that up.
- Using GTM bypasses the need to pass all changes through your development team, resulting in a faster turn-around.
Have additional questions? Contact our team today.