This is a guide to setting up Littledata’s Google Ads connection, which links Google Ads with Google Analytics.
Ecommerce sites use the automated connection to:
- Eliminate manual imports and exports of ad cost data and conversions
- See the complete user journey in Google Analytics
- Report on Goals and Ecommerce transactions in Google Ads
- See detailed user engagement metrics in Google Ads
- Use more complete remarketing audiences (enable Littledata’s defaults or create your own)
Before you begin
Note: To enable the connection, you will need the right permissions in Ads and Analytics.
Before starting the connection process, please make sure that:
- You have Edit permissions in Google Analytics,
- You have Admin access in Google Ads, AND
- The Google Ads account you are trying to link isn’t already linked in Google Analytics. Check this under Google Ads Linking in your Google Analytics admin.
If you have the right permissions listed above and have confirmed that the Ads account you want to link to Analytics hasn’t already been linked manually, then you can proceed with the steps below to set up the automated connection.
How to enable the Google Ads connection from your Littledata dashboard
Step 2. Go to the Connections tab in your Littledata dashboard. Click CONNECT on the
Google Ads to Google Analytics connection.
Step 3. Click Authorise, then click NEXT.
Step 4. Choose the Ads accounts you want to link
Step 5. You can opt for Littledata to add four audiences for you to use in Ads campaigns. If you want to skip this step and set up audiences yourself, hit Skip:
Step 6. In order to set up audiences, you need to add the first audience manually as shown below:
Step 7. Next, import goals and transactions from Google Analytics.
Note: the following steps are OPTIONAL. You can opt-out of these by clicking NEXT on each.
Optional setup steps
Option A: Include conversions in reporting
This option lets you include individual conversion actions in your
Conversion value reporting columns.
Option B: Add columns to your reports
This option lets you add specific columns, such as Bounce rate or Pages per session, to your campaign reporting.
Step 8. Your Google Ads connection is now complete! You can now see detailed user engagement metrics and report on goals and e-commerce transactions in Google Ads.
Learn more about connections in Littledata.