Littledata’s Carthook connection is an advanced Google Analytics integration that tracks sales, refunds, checkout steps, and marketing attribution for payments made via CartHook in your Shopify store. Our app sends the improved data directly to Google Analytics or Segment, as needed. Once activated, it works automatically in the data layer (LittledataLayer).
- Accurate sales data and marketing attribution all CartHook transactions
- Custom dimensions for calculating LTV and more
- Minimal, super-fast script and GTM/data layer
- Works with headless Shopify setups
Note: The CartHook connection is compatible with Littledata’s Google Analytics and Segment destinations. If you’re using Segment, please send events from CartHook to Segment using this connection first, then from Segment to Google Analytics.
- Works with Littledata’s Shopify connections
The CartHook connection works in tandem with Littledata’s main Shopify connections for Segment or Google Analytics. We use a combination of server-side and client-side tracking for complete data, and our script uses the naming conventions set by Google for gtag.
- Cross-domain tracking for accurate attribution
Cross-domain tracking ensures that when your customers are redirected to CartHook checkout domains, the original subscriber ID is not lost and a unified customer journey can be traced in Segment or Google Analytics. This works automatically with the CartHook connection, but you can also add additional cross-domain tracking as needed.
- Custom dimensions
Littledata adds custom dimensions for building cohorts and reporting in Google Analytics and connected data tools. These include:
– Shopify Customer ID
– Date of the last transaction
– Order count
– Customer lifetime value (LTV)
– Payment Gateway
You can install the CartHook connection directly in the Littledata app, or from your CartHook admin.
- See how the CartHook connection works
- Read the CartHook connection install guide
- Learn about adding advanced tracking with Carthook Upsells, Downsells, Checkout Steps and Thank You page.
- Learn about using custom dimensions in Google Analytics (blog post)