Littedata’s ReCharge connection is an advanced Google Analytics integration for tracking subscription ecommerce behavior. Here are Frequently Asked Questions about the integration.
What do I get with the ReCharge integration?
- End-to-end Google Analytics tracking for the subscriber journey
- Marketing attribution for subscription revenue
- Separate views for first-time and recurring payments
- Custom dimensions to calculate lifetime value and create custom audiences for retargeting
- Ability to segment performance in Google Analytics by payment source, subscription plan type, and product category
- ReCharge lifecycle events with our v2 connection
How does this improve on Shopify’s native reporting?
- Fix your ecommerce tracking in Google Analytics with Littledata’s audit feature
- Revenue optimisation tools, including benchmarks against top subscription-based businesses, LTV analytics and automated reporting on the ReCharge checkout funnel
- Marketing optimisation tools, Facebook Ads integration and automated reporting on marketing channels and social media campaigns
Here’s a complete list of what you can track
Can’t I just use ReCharge’s basic GA integration?
Can I still access my data in GA?
- Yes, the Littledata tracker sends data your original GA property and you can use all the tools for reporting.
- Data goes to the same place — you just get a more complete picture of the user journey and the ability to drill down into more meaningful metrics.
How do I know if the integration is working?
My ReCharge checkout is on a different domain to my store -- can you still track this?
- The integration allows the script to work across different URLs by using the GA cross-domain linker, picking up a cookie ID from your website which we can link with the order once it’s purchased through ReCharge.
What sort of reporting is available in the Littledata app?
- Unlike other analytics apps, Littledata actually fixes the tracking and sends accurate data to Google Analytics so you can model it however you like, including both in GA and with external tools such as Data Studio.
- In the app we provide optimisation tools like ecommerce benchmarks and missions to help you improve sales and conversions.
Does Littledata create new Views or Custom Dimensions in GA?
- Yes, Littledata does create new Views and adds Custom Dimensions. For a breakdown of what that looks like, here is a guide.
Do you offer consulting or special setup for unusual store formats?
Do you alter my historic data?
- No, it’s not possible for our app to mess with your historic data (nor would we want it to).
- Littledata’s improve tracking script only helps with data from the time you install it, going forward.