Littedata’s ReCharge connection is an advanced Google Analytics integration for tracking subscription ecommerce behavior. Here are Frequently Asked Questions about the integration.
What do I get with the ReCharge integration?
- End-to-end Google Analytics tracking for the subscriber journey
- Marketing attribution for subscription revenue
- Separate views for first-time and recurring payments
- Custom dimensions to calculate lifetime value and create custom audiences for retargeting
- Ability to segment performance in Google Analytics by payment source, subscription plan type, and product category
- ReCharge customer lifecycle events
How do I update to ReCharge v2?
ReCharge v2 is the newest version of Littledata’s ReCharge connection. V2 added subscription lifecycle event tracking in Segment and Google Analytics.
- If you installed Littledata in December 2019 or later, you already have v2
- Otherwise you will be prompted to update to v2 the next time you login to your Littledata account
How does this improve on Shopify’s native reporting?
- Fix your ecommerce tracking in Google Analytics with Littledata’s audit feature
- Revenue optimization tools, including benchmarks against top subscription-based businesses, LTV analytics and automated reporting on the ReCharge checkout funnel
- Marketing optimization tools, Facebook Ads integration and automated reporting on marketing channels and social media campaigns
Here’s a complete list of what you can track
Can’t I just use ReCharge’s basic GA integration?
As the name states, that’s just a basic integration, which means your data collection will be limited and have incomplete marketing attribution for subscription sales. Littledata’s ReCharge connection is an advanced Google Analytics integration for ReCharge stores. We’ve worked closely with the ReCharge team to make Littledata the most powerful and flexible analytics integration for ReCharge — and we continue to update the connection based on the latest product updates from both Shopify and ReCharge.
What's the difference between ReCharge Enhanced Analytics and Littledata's integration?
ReCharge launched Enhanced Analytics for Pro customers in 2019 to allow cohort and metric tracking. This is an awesome feature, but it’s different from what Littledata does. ReCharge’s analytics feature offers easy ways to visualize your ReCharge data in the app, while Littledata fixes sales and marketing tracking and sends that data to Segment or Google Analytics.
|What you can do||ReCharge Enhanced Analytics||Littledata + Google Analytics||Littledata + Segment|
|Look at trends in subscription sign-ups and cancellations||✔||✔||✔|
|Analyze churn rate by cohort or product||✔||✔ *||✔ *|
|Visualize cohort retention||✔|
|Fetch last-click source and medium (UTM parameters) from subscription API||✔|
|Analyze multi-channel marketing contributions to subscription sales||✔||✔||✔|
|Attribute recurring orders back to marketing campaigns||✔||✔||✔|
|Analyze Customer Lifetime Value including non-ReCharge spend||✔||✔|
|Track charge failures by any customer attribute||✔||✔|
|Track subscription cancellations or upgrades by any customer attribute||✔||✔|
|Track customer updates by any customer attribute||✔||✔|
|Track usage of the customer portal on our site by any customer attribute||✔||✔|
|See how any ReCharge customer event connects to the pre-checkout behaviour of the user||✔||✔|
|Look at cancelation rate by marketing channel||✔||✔||✔|
|Trigger transactional emails based on changes to subscriptions **||✔|
|Retarget segments of ReCharge audience in common marketing destinations||✔|
* Requires additional analysis in a spreadsheet
** In Segment destinations such as Iterable
Can I still access my data in GA?
- Yes, the Littledata tracker sends data your original GA property and you can use all the tools for reporting.
- Data goes to the same place — you just get a more complete picture of the user journey and the ability to drill down into more meaningful metrics.
How do I know if the integration is working?
My ReCharge checkout is on a different domain to my store -- can you still track this?
- The integration allows the script to work across different URLs by using the GA cross-domain linker, picking up a cookie ID from your website which we can link with the order once it’s purchased through ReCharge.
What sort of reporting is available in the Littledata app?
- Unlike other analytics apps, Littledata actually fixes the tracking and sends accurate data to Google Analytics so you can model it however you like, including both in GA and with external tools such as Data Studio.
- In the app we provide optimisation tools like ecommerce benchmarks and missions to help you improve sales and conversions.
Does Littledata create new Views or Custom Dimensions in GA?
- Yes, Littledata does create new Views and adds Custom Dimensions. For a breakdown of what that looks like, here is a guide.
Do you offer consulting or special setup for unusual store formats?
Do you alter my historic data?
- No, it’s not possible for our app to mess with your historic data (nor would we want it to).
- Littledata’s improve tracking script only helps with data from the time you install it, going forward.
Why do my GA Views and Filter names not match with the 'How It Works' guide?
On June 11, 2020, we moved to an improved naming scheme for ReCharge connection views and filters. The new naming scheme is described in detail in the How it Works guide for ReCharge connection. If you installed the connection prior to this date, you’re likely on the old naming scheme. Please refer to this legacy guide.