Littledata’s ReCharge connection is an advanced tracking solution for Shopify and Shopify Plus stores using ReCharge to power their subscription ecommerce. Once activated, it works automatically in the data layer (LittledataLayer).
- Accurate sales data, including first-time orders, recurring payments and subscription lifecycle events
- Accurate marketing attribution for first-time orders, recurring payments and subscription lifecycle events
- Custom dimensions for calculating LTV and more
- Minimal, super-fast script and GTM/data layer
- Works with headless Shopify setups
Note: The ReCharge connection is compatible with Littledata’s Google Analytics and Segment destinations. If you’re using Segment, please send events from ReCharge to Segment using this connection first, then from Segment to Google Analytics.
- Works with Littledata’s Shopify connections
The ReCharge connection works in tandem with Littledata’s main Shopify connections for Segment or Google Analytics. We use a combination of server-side and client-side tracking for complete data, and our script uses the naming conventions set by Google for gtag.
- Cross-domain tracking for accurate attribution
Cross-domain tracking ensures that when your customers are redirected to ReCharge checkout domains, the original subscriber ID is not lost and a unified customer journey can be traced in Segment or Google Analytics. This works automatically with the ReCharge connection, but you can also add additional cross-domain tracking as needed.
- New View for recurring payments
Littledata sets up an additional View in Google Analytics to track recurring orders. For all subscriptions that started after you installed the Littledata app, you will be able to group those payments by subscriber, and group by the marketing channel or campaign which caused them to start subscribing.
- Custom dimensions
Littledata adds custom dimensions for building cohorts and reporting in Google Analytics and connected data tools. These include:
– Shopify Customer ID
– Date of last subscription payment
– Order count
– Customer lifetime value (LTV)
- Lifecycle event tracking
Littledata sends subscription lifecycle events to Segment or Google Analytics, tied back to the customer’s original web session. These events include:
– Subscription created
– Subscription updated
– Customer updated
Lifecycle data can help you understand growth rates and analyze subscriber behavior in more detail.
You can install the ReCharge connection directly in the Littledata app, or from your ReCharge admin.