Note: Follow these steps to do a manual install of Segment.com by Littledata.
Manual installation requires you to paste Littledata's code into your store layout. This is recommended for projects under source control, as it ensures that our code will not be overwritten when you make site updates.
1. Login to your Shopify account.
2. Go directly to the Shopify app store and search for 'Segment.com' or head directly to the Segment.com by Littledata app store listing.
3. Click on Add app to begin the installation process.
4. Sign up for a Littledata account using your email address, Google login or Facebook login. You will be able to add more team members after completing the installation process.
6. You will need to add your Segment workshop write key. Follow this guide to find your write key, then enter it and hit NEXT:
7. Select the Manual route to paste the code manually into your Shopify layouts and click next:
8. You will then be instructed to add the scripts to your code. Click COPY, which will copy the script to clipboard:
9. Go to your Shopify admin > Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit code and create a new snippet named LittledataLayer. Paste the script you copied in the previous step, and click Save.
10. Then you will copy the three-line code and paste the snippet in every one of your store’s Layouts, just above the </head> tag. In the example below, we’ll paste the snippet in row 75:
11. After you finish the above steps, hit NEXT. Installation is now complete!
You will now start receiving data from Shopify to Segment, including sales data and checkout steps.
Furthermore, you can send data from Segment to Google Analytics by following the steps described here.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.