Littledata’s Segment connection fixes tracking automatically and sends data from Shopify to Segment. Here are Frequently Asked Questions about the integration.
Is your Segment connection listed in the Shopify app store?
Yes. Segment.com by Littledata is available in the Shopify app store. Please install the app directly from the app store.
What does Littledata's Shopify to Segment connection do?
The Segment connection lets you use Shopify as Segment source. It automatically tracks every ecommerce touch point on your Shopify store, including:
- Browsing behaviour
- Checkout steps
- Sales & refunds
- Customer lifetime value
How do I install the app?
The app will walk you through the installation steps. But if you need extra support, you can follow this quick setup guide. You’ll need a Segment account and a Shopify store to complete the process.
Is there a free trial?
Yes, absolutely! ‘Segment.com by Littledata’ includes a free 30-day trial on all plans. The trial is fully functional, so you have access to all features and benefits during the trial period.
Do I also need the Shopify to Google Analytics app?
We recommend you send the data from Segment on to their Google Analytics destination, but if you want continuity of tracking or other customisation you can also use Littledata’s Google Analytics connection alongside the Segment connection for no additional cost and with no technical limitations.
You may need our dedicated GA connection in the following cases:
- when you need to add the anti-flicker snippet to get Google Optimize experiments to load
- when you need to import order conversions into to Google Ads (Google Ads has no server-side API, and so Segment cannot relay our order events.
- when you need to use the GTM data layer to configure events not supported in Segment via Google Tag Manager
Can I get a demo?
You can book a demo slot with one of our experts by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you offer enterprise plans for custom setup and priority support?
Yes, Littledata’s enterprise plans are a popular option for Shopify Plus merchants and other stores intent on major growth. These plans give you access to a dedicated account manager who can assist with custom setup and reporting.
What about historic data?
How does the app deal with customer-level data?
Is there more technical documentation?
- see a full list of what events and properties are included in this Segment source.
- see our full tracking plan and import this into Segment Protocols.
- see what might be blocking marketing attribution of events.
Start your 30-day free trial of Littledata’s Segment connection today!