Littledata provides a Segment connection for Shopify and Shopify Plus. The app automatically fixes ecommerce tracking and lets you use Shopify as a Segment source. It automatically tracks key events and page views, then sends that data to Segment.
How to install ‘Segment.com by Littledata’
1. Login to your Shopify account.
2. Go the Shopify app store listing for Segment.com by Littledata:
3. Click Add app to begin the installation process.
4. Sign up for a Littledata account using your email address, Google login or Facebook login. You will be able to add more team members after completing the installation process.
6. You will need to add your Segment workshop write key. Follow this guide to find your write key, then enter it and hit NEXT.
7. The tracking code and Segment’s analytics.js library will be automatically added:
8. Installation is complete! You will now start receiving data from Shopify to Segment, including sales data and checkout steps:
You will now be able to send data from Shopify to hundreds of Segment destinations. You can send data from Segment to Google Analytics by following the steps described here.