Note: This advanced connection is only available on Plus or Enterprise Plus plans
Littledata’s Google Analytics connection for Shopify formats common ecommerce events into Google’s Measurement Protocol standard. If you want to get this raw data pipeline directly to your own collection endpoint, you can add a URL within Littledata’s settings.
You might want to use this data pipeline to:
- Configure a Measurement Protocol schema in Snowplow
- Send Google Analytics data to OWOX BI
- Build your own app to stream live data into Google BigQuery
- Go to the Settings.. General tab in Littledata’s app
- Enter a valid HTTPS endpoint. For example,
- Click SAVE to reapply the changes to our Shopify connection
- (optional) Manually update the tracking script to add the endpoint to our browser script
How it works
Every event that our tracking script would normally relay to GA via gtag.js will be sent to your chosen endpoint. This is in addition to sending the hit to GA.
If you only want server-side events, you can disable this by removing the
LittledataLayer.MPEndpoint value from our tracking script.
- Product list views
- Product list clicks
- Product views
- Product image clicks
- Social shares of product
Every event that our servers would normally relay to GA will be sent to your chosen endpoint. This is in addition to sending the hit to GA.
The Enhanced Ecommerce events sent from our servers are:
- Adds to cart
- Remove from cart
- Checkout steps
- Orders (including recurring orders)
- Customer updates
HTTP POST request example
Your endpoint needs to receive
POST requests with ‘Content-Type’ set to
application/x-www-form-urlencoded, with standard Measurement Protocol parameters.